You are here:
Home > Records
Sheriff’s Department Web Check Service for Background Checks Available to General Public
For individuals interested in obtaining a background check for employment, license, or certification purposes, the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department offers background check service to the general public at the Justice Center and the Parma CCW License Office. Background checks are provided by appointment only.
1. Concealed Weapon Licensing Unit
- Justice Center, 3rd Floor, Sheriff’s Office
- 1215 West 3rd Street, Cleveland , Ohio
- By Appointment only: 216-443-6080
Fees and Payment:
- Driver’s License or State issued I.D. Card
- Documentation indicating purpose of Request for Background Check
- Address of where Background Check is to be mailed.
- OHIO Web Check (BCI): $35.00
- National Web Check (FBI): $35.00
- OHIO and National Web Check (BCI & FBI): $65.00
- Ink Rolled Fingerprints: $10.00 per card, cash or money order accepted
- Cashier’s Check or Money Order ONLY, made payable to: Cuyahoga County Treasurer.
- No Cash, Personal Checks, Business Checks or Credit Cards.
- Simple Cuyahoga County Record Check is $10.00 (Available only at the Records/Warrants location)