You are here: Home > Frequently Asked Questions > Children Need Support Task Force

Children Need Support Task Force

How do I know if an absent parent has an active warrant for his/her arrest for not paying child support?

Contact a case worker at the Child Support Enforcement Agency at: 216-443-5100.

Who decides if an arrest warrant should be issued for an absent parent that does not pay child support?

The Magistrate (civil cases) or Judge (criminal cases) that is appointed to the case.

If an absent parent does in fact have an active warrant for his/her arrest, who do I contact?

Email the Sheriff's Office at:

What steps would I take to get an absent parent apprehended who has a warrant issued by a county other than Cuyahoga?

Contact the issuing County's Sheriff’s Office. For a list of Ohio Sheriff's Websites, click here.