You are here:
Home > Corrections > Careers
Considering a Career in Corrections?
We are excited about our future plans for regionalization and are dedicated to recruitment of candidates possessing integrity, professionalism, dedication, and character.
- Process new inmates
- Maintain security of the jail to prevent inmates from escaping
- Ensure inmate safety, proactively engage to reduce the incidence of fighting and other disturbances among population
- Observe and influence inmate behavior
- Conduct inspections for contraband, weapons and facility damage.
- Documentation of all movement and incidents
- Use state of the art detection and surveillance equipment
- Starting rate of pay $14.57 per hour
- After a year of service pay is $15.60 per hour
- After a year of service, 2 weeks of vacation
- Retirement plan (OPERS)
- Paid leave for Military duties
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Options for Disability, Accident and Life Insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Advanced Training Opportunities
Applicants interested in becoming a Correctional Officer must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 21 years of age
No prior experience in law enforcement is required although preferred.
Qualified applicants will participate in a 4 week Ohio Police Officer Training Academy Corrections Basic, earning college credits. All Officers receive on the job training. The Department is committed to promoting a dynamic and professional workplace for our jail staff.