You are here:
Home > Community Outreach > Citizen's Academy
Please e-mail completed application to Christopher Harris at
email@example.com or mail to:
Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office
c/o Christopher Harris
1215 West 3rd Street,
Cleveland, OH 44113
Do you have an interest in learning about law enforcement? The Cuyahoga County Citizen’s Academy is a once-a-week, 8-week program designed to give Cuyahoga County residents an inside look at what goes into the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office.
Every Wednesday, classes will be held from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at the Cuyahoga County Justice Center Complex. The Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office Citizen’s Academy is free, and enrollment is open to all qualified residents. Additionally, dinner will be provided during each week of the program.
Like many other successful citizen academy programs nationwide, this program serves as way to improve the communication between law enforcement and the citizens of Cuyahoga County.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
This program is structured as a combination of lectures, hands-on demonstrations, and field trips. The information covered will include:
- County Corrections Tour
- Firearms Safety
- Tactical Response/Active Shooter
- Crime Stoppers
- Media Relations
- Q&A w/ Sheriff Pinkney
- And more!
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
- Resident of Cuyahoga County
- At least 21 years of age
- Must have no felony convictions
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check
- Must attend at least 6 of the 8 courses offered to qualify for graduation, so please check your schedule carefully before applying for the course. Each academy is limited to 25 students.
- This program is designed to provide an understanding of how law enforcement works. THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT GIVE ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITY TO ACADEMY GRADUATES.
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION?
Click here to download the application.